Vermont Seed Fund Advisory Board
Updated June 2020
The Vermont Seed Fund Advisory Board was created by enabling statute to assist in the formation and to advise the fund manager in the strategic operation of the Vermont Seed Capital Fund, LP. The Fund is a $5.1 million evergreen early stage venture capital fund. The Fund made its first seed stage investment in May 2010 and is actively investing, supporting and syndicating capital for Vermont’s entrepreneurs.
The advisory board has been updated in the spring of 2020. The advisors serve in a voluntary, non-fiduciary role and are appointed at will by the Fund’s two investors: The Vermont Economic Development Authority (VEDA) and the Vermont Center for Emerging Technologies (VCET).
The advisory board members are:
- Cassie Polhemus, CEO of the Vermont Economic Development Authority
- Andrew Allen, Serial entrepreneur and investor
- Gwen Pokalo, Director, Center for Women & Enterprise Vermont
- Hinda Miller, Entrepreneur, Business Coach and former State Senator
- Bob Britt, Consulting CFO and Business Executive (retired)
The Fund Manager remains the VCET Capital Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit Vermont Center for Emerging Technologies. VCET executives David Bradbury and Sam Roach-Gerber staff the fund manager organization, screen new investments, compile public reporting and provide significant pre and post investment support to companies.
The Fund’s FY19 Annual Report can be found here for more information.