Help us find our Community Manager
Are you passionate about Vermont’s entrepreneurial community? Are you outgoing, flexible, humble, responsible, and self-motivated? We are looking for a well-rounded Community Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for an extraverted self-starter who possesses strong social, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills. Working under minimal supervision, the Community Manager will support VCET’s robust and diverse member community, oversee the daily operation and success of our coworking facility, and promote VCET and Vermont’s innovation ecosystem.
This Burlington, VT-based ~20 hour/week position offers flexibility in scheduling to meet professional, academic, and personal demands. Starting pay is $25/hour. You will be a vital part of a small team that works hard to make a big impact, helping Vermont’s startups start and scale here.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Membership & Community:
- Get to know each and every VCET member to help build an ecosystem of engagement, positivity, inclusion, and mutual success
- Assist in recruiting new members and manage logistics to sustain and grow a great community of coworkers
- Manage the VCET onboarding process for new members: provide tours, administer paperwork, and serve as the go-to resource for all members in-house
- Manage VCET’s coworking software: keep information up to date and assist members in learning and utilizing the platform
- Work with VCET’s controller to coordinate member billing
- Open and maintain communication with all members through phone, email, and Slack
- Keep internal process documents and signage up to date
- Overall, own the processes that keep VCET running smoothly, and constantly think of ways to streamline and improve the organization
- Provide a physical presence at VCET – work the room, bring members together!
- Operations & Facilities:
- Maintain principle ownership of operations for VCET’s coworking space ensuring exceptional cleanliness and order
- Manage logistics around upkeep:
- Order and stock supplies
- Coordinate technology use
- Ensure access to members
- Manage landlord/partner needs
- Improve the layout and design of our space as the needs of our community evolves
- Continuously think of new ways to improve our space for the community
- Programming, Events & Ecosystem:
- Manage VCET’s “Scale Here” program, a curated platform of resources, perks and discounts for Vermont’s entrepreneurs
- Participate in, organize, or lead events in our space and online for members, ecosystem partners and others. Examples include support for our Female Founders Speaker Series and Lunch & Learns
- Represent VCET externally as appropriate
- Commitment to learn:
- Professional growth and development are essential for the individual’s advancement, but also for the benefit of the VCET team and the organization as a whole. Staying current, proactively informed, knowledgeable, and excited about entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology trends are essential for your success and ours
- Support team members with various projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Experience maintaining and managing a physical space is ideal
- Duties and tasks may overlap and change as your skills develop and the needs of VCET, our members, and key stakeholders evolve
- Intelligence, commitment, adaptability, resilience, humor, trustworthiness, desire to learn, and best in class delivery of services to our customers, partners, and among the VCET team are the key attributes required of all VCET team members
|To be considered for this position please send us:|
- Your resume
- Your LinkedIn profile
- A letter describing why you’re a good fit for this role at VCET, and why you believe in the work we’re doing.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerging companies may have terrific ideas, but not necessarily all of the skills, experience and resources in place to grow and prosper. In response, VCET’s programs and capital funds offer select early stage firms substantive business mentoring along with traditional business incubator services and infrastructure.
Since 2005, the VCET team has worked with entrepreneurs helping to crystallize concepts, assemble teams, craft business models, secure resources and locate early customers. Some firms will develop rapidly in a matter of months for a software launch while others might take years to complete medical trials. Either way, the VCET facility, programs, and capital serve a select few firms by supporting the design, positioning and acceleration of a new product idea, a better service offering or a truly breakthrough platform technology.
Our long term strategic partners include US Senator Patrick J. Leahy, the University of Vermont, the Vermont Technology Council, the State of Vermont, Middlebury College, Norwich University, Champlain College, the Vermont State College System and many other economic development organizations.
VCET is a 501 (c) 3 public benefit corporation serving all of Vermont.